Working for the Head Rigger, the Riggers are responsible in assisting the Head Rigger with the setup and dismantling operations during the transfers, the operations during the shows and the proper operation, maintenance and repairs of all rigging installations.
- Work as a team to execute the set-up and strikes of all rigging equipment and infrastructure (mother grid, acrobatic and technical rigging, life lines and anchor points) during the transfers;
- Ensure the safety and security of rigging equipment at all times;
- Work with the Head Rigger to make regular inspections and take care of any necessary adjustments or maintenance required to ensure the safety and integrity of the installations.
- Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of the technical areas (backstage, shops, etc.);
- Operate and control winches for aerial acts during shows, rehearsals and media events;
- Ensure smooth and safe operations during rehearsals, shows and media events;
- Ensure that the rigging elements respect the original concept and quality of the show;
- Participate in the updating, replacement and maintenance of rigging elements in collaboration with the technical department;
- Manage teams of local employees;
- Load and unload trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
- Participate in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
- Perform all other duties and jobs required to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the show.
- 2 to 5 years minimum experience as a Rigger;
- Touring experience is a must;
- Experience with acrobatic rigging in touring conditions;
- Training in safety procedures and fall arrests;
- Excellent communication abilities with artists and technical staff;
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
- Ability to perform physical tasks and to work at heights;
- Fully bilingual (French & English), written and spoken
- Available to work full time on tour and authorized to work in foreign countries;
To be discussed according to experience;
Tour conditions include transportation, lodging, per diems and meals.