Working for the Head Rigger, the Riggers are responsible in assisting the Head Rigger with the set-up and dismantling operations during the transfers, the operations during the shows and the proper operation, maintenance and repairs of all rigging installations.
- Work as a team to execute the set-up and strikes of all rigging equipment and infrastructure (mother grid, acrobatic and technical rigging, life lines and anchor points) during the transfers;
- Ensure the safety and security of rigging equipment at all times;
- Work with the Head Rigger to make regular inspections and take care of any necessary adjustments or maintenance required to ensure the safety and integrity of the installations.
- Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of the technical areas (backstage, shops, etc.);
- Operate and control winches for aerial acts during shows, rehearsals and media events;
- Ensure smooth and safe operations during rehearsals, shows and media events;
- Ensure that the rigging elements respect the original concept and quality of the show;
- Participate in the updating, replacement and maintenance of rigging elements in collaboration with the technical department;
- Manage teams of local employees;
- Load and unload trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
- Participate in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
- Perform all other duties and jobs required to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the show.
- 2 to 5 years minimum experience as a Rigger;
- Touring experience is a must;
- Experience with acrobatic rigging in touring conditions;
- Training in safety procedures and fall arrests;
- Excellent communication abilities with artists and technical staff;
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
- Ability to perform physical tasks and to work at heights;
- Fully bilingual (French & English), written and spoken
- Available to work full time on tour and authorized to work in foreign countries.
To be discussed according to experience;
Tour conditions include transportation, lodging, per diem and meals.